Mayonaise,
I sat down last night, looked at your poem, and thought I might take a shot at it. My interpretation starts at the beginning of the poem and follows through to the end.
Here it goes
A favorite...oh how I do love fire.
I Pity the Wind
Well, you appear drawn to the powerful fire and its flames. Like you, it is intense and burns brightly with a passion that engulfs all in its path; friend or foe. You might be amazed, that people still find you mesmerizing, even when you destroy. You seem to pity the wind (others) because it just enables the fire and does not get to live within the ring.
I am taking off my glasses
so I can stare at the little candles
and the glass of water
in pure darkness.
Presently you seem to be taking the time to remove your shield, perhaps to take a closer look, admire the beauty of the simple things in life; water (pure and live giving)
I am letting a broom stand
for my speech on justiceand an old thin handkerchieff
or the veil of melodrama I have worn for thirty years
That said, you remain steadfast in your original vision of fairness and acceptance for all. Now, you may deal with the drama in your life in more subtle ways than in dramatic fashion, as you have always done.
I am dragging in Euripides
for his strange prayer
and my own true Hosea
for his poem on love and loyalty
You possibly see the similarity of you and the prophet, Zoroaster. In that, you like to provoke others to seeing your point of view and when angry, selfishly not wanting anyone to be too happy in your presence. Also, you recognize everyone’s struggle to live the truth or live a lie.
You are reluctantly acknowledging and admiring the strong women that surround you (secretly you love it) but not for them to tell you what to do. (laughs)
I just hope if you are referring to the Prophet, that you did not actually do, what God instructed him to. I would find that very amusing. In addition, you acknowledge your own higher power, remembering the lessons from earlier days.
After a minute I fall down dead
from too much thought
and turn to the freezing wall
for an hour of quiet sadness.
I start my practice later,
twenty minutes for breathing,
twenty minutes for song,
twenty minutes for liberation and ritual.
Damn, at times it is all so exhausting for you. Possibly, you turn away from everyone, even those that offer warmth, to face this alone, in solitude. It might confuse the ones that care for you and this part makes you sad. Despite that, duties and obligations call. It is a ritual that you know well and press on no matter what you feel.
My poem is about the airshaft
and Zoroaster
and the soul caught in its last struggle
with the two-headed cow, father of everything.
Professionally you are at a crossroads and at times think you are living in a movie featuring the extremes of life, sin versus virtue. Still, it is a good life with many great experiences and friendships, but what it fully offers, may not be in your best interest.
Damn it, you worked hard to get here and deserve it all, but possibly, caught in the middle of wanting both worlds. Which example to follow; end it now or keep plugging along and hope the best gets better?
My elation has something to do with light,
my misery with darkness,
my secrecy and fear and distance
with neither.
This leads to… you are optimistic in the beginning but somehow things get turned around, shit happens. This is frustrating; however, your distance has nothing to do with friends or being afraid. You have not figured it all out yet.
I end up with a pillow
and a painted floor,
as I always do,my head on the flowers,
a little pocket for air,my right arm drifting and dangling.
I end up just humming,
true to myself at last,
preparing myself for the bridge
and the hand that will lead me over, the hand I adore
Now, the future is on your mind, some nights you end up not sleeping, only wanting comfort but thinking of the illusions before you. Talking to yourself, you are able to admit quietly, sh…all your strengths and weaknesses. Yet, you are preparing to commit to a solid plan for a real life, hopefully with the one you love.
I pity this hero,
so in love with fire,
so warlike,
so bent on teaching.
Reflecting, you seem to acknowledge someone, possibly a part of you, which sometimes you do not like. Someone who conquers whatever they choose, no matter what or who is in the way, casually replying, “The end justifies the means.”
p.s. I couldn't resist you and your agile fingers as they swept over my heart filling it with glory. To follow the mass, my own words prey.
At the end, something calls to you….perhaps here in your blog. A bittersweet feeling overcomes you, and just like everyone, your words are heartfelt.
My best to you and your will
`sc
laughs-just realized I left out a section, oh well it does not seem to matter.
Monday, November 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awesome job with the poem, SC. I believe that's the most I have heard you speak and I loved every minute of it.
thx sdock10,
you are a treasure.
love to you
`sc
Post a Comment